Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dallas Texas

Dallas a place that I would like to visit again  for a longer period of time. A clean city.

We visited The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza.It was very interesting and informative.
It contains over 400 historic television and radio broadcast,photos and artifacts.It is a very
different situation to look at and review a part of history that you remember and experienced,
.November 22 1963 is a day that I still remember where I was when I heard the news.
I was in high school in my Home Ec class when the news was announced to us. I still remember
the shock and disbelief. This part of history is still being debated.

There is also a small memorial down the street from the museum at the location of the grassy knoll.
The streets have white x marks showing the location of the first and second shots.If you get a chance
it is well worth a visit.

The web site is jfk.org If you have vivid memories of the assassination or significant events of the
60's you can contact the museum at oralhistory@jfk.org

More to come

Until next time
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment